Wednesday, November 01, 2006

That's clinched it.

Every computer in the universe hates me.
This is true.
My PC won't acknowledge my keyboard, mouse, iPod charger, etc
Dad's (which I'm using at the moment) has a shitty keyboard and won't let me onto Hotmail.
My DS kept crashing while I was playing Metroid Prime: Hunters.
Lame Lame LAME!

While I'm at it, I might as well point out every reason why today sucked.
I slept in 'till 8:15 (which is when I'm supposed to leave), thankfully dad said he'd drive me and Sam, so that was OK.
I got to school to be reminded of the monologue I was supposed to present in Period 1. I did that, then went back to History, pwned that up. I got yelled at for even considering not doing said monologue, how could I even think about doing that(?!) when everyone else has put so much into this (blahblahblah), I responded with "I don't care about this shitty subject. I hate it." Which netted me another glare, but at least I showed up to the volunteering work yesterday. Hah, "volunteering" my ass. "Ok, Ben, there's three places you can go. Keep in mind, if you don't go, you fail. There's the YWYC, that's accepting 5 girls, and there's the lost dogs home, which is accepting 2 people, so Jack and James are going there, and there's the Patricia Gladwel house. Where do you want to go?" /stab.
I had to go for a walk with Stan yesterday to "get the paper." If you don't know who Stan is, don't fret, because before yesterday, I didn't either. I sure as hell know him now, because we went on an hour long walk through Coburg, before finally walking down Sydney road and buying his newspaper. Then, when we got back, I walked in, waved at Kate, and got whisked away to read yet another newspaper to some bed-ridden mute dude. "He's a bit lonely" said Karen. I read two or so articles, then he motioned for me to go, quite rudely. It's not my frigging fault if I don't understand the vague hand gestures of an old man. So, then Kate and I went into some other joint and played balloon games with some more old people, 'till 11:3o when Kate went and played an out of tune piano for the oldsters. Then she roped me into playing my flute for them, which I didn't mind so much, I guess. So after that, we went to Barkley, got lunch, went past the Deli (Laura thought Kate was my sister, LOL), walked back to School. Kate got a bit pissed at me for not telling her what Josh and I talk about when we're sitting at the gate, so sue me for not wanting to tell you. She resolved to stop talking to me until I told her. I pointed out that if she wasn't talking to me, she couldn't start a conversation, and there'd be no hope of me ever telling her. Her resolve lasted from Jewell station to the lockers, a massive time span of 10 minutes. /applause. We then had a Maths test, which I pwned hard. It was seriously easy, but unfortunately Ms S had to point out that since I hadn't handed in the project, odds are I'd fail. So that kinda killed the mood. =/

Anyways, back to today.

After a kinda boring recess, we had Science, which was fun, Mr Rose came in and showed us a David Attenbourgh documentary, then we had to write some short pieces of prose about transitive forms, and sexual selection. Mine were sort of a "children's version", and I thought were pretty good. So good, when I get some free time on my computer (when it's fixed) I'll flash-ify it. Lunch was ok, sat at the gate and gossiped (not telling what about :P haha), then IT, which sucked. I finished my database, which was extraordinarily easy, for some reason 0.o

After school, I had to go and bake cupcakes for a fundraising event tomorrow, for world poverty week. Does anyone else see the irony of selling food to raise awareness about poverty? Probably not. Not to mention the facts that I really didn't want to be there, and that Jesse and Evan were being really frigging stupid, whipping people with tea-towels and generally abusing Rebecca. I pointed out that although she eggs them on, it's really their fault that she's getting depressed/moody/whatever, it's hard to keep track. Bad move, that was, because Jesse came out with some quote from a mullah that's getting fired, about how rape is the woman's fault and if she didn't dress so promiscuously, she wouldn't get raped. Not true, but that's beside the point. So, after that, I left (or got kicked out, depending on your perspective) and came home to find my broken computer, and an empty inbox. /cry.
Ben

No comments: