Friday, May 26, 2006

Random iPod Facts, and Comparison

So, we have the family of iPods.
The Shuffle: 512(500) Mb and 1 Gb (976 Mb) (actual formatted sizes smaller) At $99 and $149, respectively. 22 Grams.
The Nano: 1 Gb (976 Mb), 2 Gb (1.953 Gb) and the 4 Gb (3.906 Gb) At $219, $299 and $359 respectively. 42 Grams
The iPod: 30 Gb (29.296 Gb) and the 60 Gb (58.593 Gb) at $449 and $598 respectively. 136 Grams for 30 Gb, 155 Grams for the 60 Gb.

Now, some random calculations :D For that is what I do best.
You get 45 Shuffles, or 23 Nanos, or 7 30g's, or 9 60g's in a kilo
That makes the 60g iPod worth $3858 a kilo :D.
If you go Mb:$, the 60G is the most worthwile, getting you $100 Mb for each dollar you spend.

Didn't that help everyone? Now everyone should go out and buy a 60 Gig iPod for themselves. And someone should get me one too...


Ladies and Gentlemen, congratulations, you have successfully finished reading the nerdiest post I've ever done. Well done, I promise that it won't happen again for a while.
Ben

P.S. Still sick today, obviously, I dunno when I'm coming back, but I hope it's Monday =/
P.P.S. 110th Post! Go me!

5 comments:

Josh said...

Goes to show once again Crapintosh are fucked up. ('scuse my french madame)As if make something smaller (which is happening all the time)and then market it as a 'NEW INOVATION!' and then release a whole lot of teenage-attention-grabbing ads with 'cool people' dancing around. Makes everyone freaking crazy. I don't see how dishing out $200 for SIX gig.. SIX gig, is going to make you cool?!. I can make a 250gig MP3 player for $150!

Josh said...

It's especially not a new innovation when;
a.)It has less space than the previous version
b.)It costs more
c.)It's only benefits are 'smaller design'
d.)HAS ALL THE SAME FEATURES!!!!!

Ben said...

My ass you can make a 250 Gig Mp3 Player for $150. I'd give you $150 if you did that

Ben said...

Btw, I assume you mean the Nano or Mini, as the shuffle sure ain't the same as a normal iPod. Infact, I don't even count it as an iPod (no offence Kate, or Gabby, or any of the other Shuffle owners I know...) As
a.)It has less space than the previous version
b.)It looks nothing like an iPod
c.)It costs WAY less than any other iPod
d.)HAD NO FEATURES WHATSOEVER!!!!!

Ben said...

My god, most comments on a post... ever... Wow...