Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Multi Convos

Like Maths, MSN is a wonderful thing. It's allowed me to pester my friends every night (on and off) for the last 5 years.
There are some aspects of MSN I don't like, though. For example, the Advertisements. The amount of money Microsoft seems to make out of them. The "integration" with Internet Exploder. Most of all, however, it's the multiconvo.
You know what I'm talking about. You sign in, instantly, your connection lags. You've been sporked into a conversation between yourself, one of your well-meaning contacts, and about a billion others.
Here's an artists rendition of one, to give you an idea of the chaos. The names have been blurred to protect the guilty:

God damn do I hate multiconvos. They achieve nothing, especially if you don't know more than 75% of the people in the convo. This one I got sporked into today, was an orgy of chaos. Nobody knew anyone. "Who's blank?" "Who the fuck is blank?" "WTF? It says 'The Amazing MonkeyMan', but there's nobody typing anything with that name!" All these and many many more. Send no money!

As you can (not so clearly) see in the image, I was talking to 9 people. Out of the 10 people in the convo, I knew 3 (including me). That's 30% of the convo. Not worth my time.
Ben

No comments: