Saturday, March 24, 2007

Internet Advertising

Or, "Google Part 3"
I submit to you, my loyal readers, that Internet Advertising has gone to the crapper.
I was on DotAPortal today, 5 minutes ago in fact, when I saw this ad:

I was kind enough to re-host it, that way I didn't need to click it.
Interestingly enough, it doesn't matter whether I click it or not, because it was downloaded to my computer, and hence paid for it. :(
Don't worry, you're only stealing my Photobucket Bandwidth when you see this version.

Anyways, this brings me to my next point:
Why on earth would someone looking at a video game website want to know whether the devil is truely the enemy of mankind?
I investigated ucg.org.au (United Church of God - Australia, if you were wondering), and found that it's a piece of crap.
Would Jesus Christ celebrate Easter?
No. Jesus Christ would not celebrate Easter. As far as my understanding of it goes, Easter is the feast of Jesus' martyrdom. So, no. He's dead, he can't.
There's a Saint Benjamin, you know. His feast is the 31st of March. That's another story, though.

Google, I really have to question the way in which you post your ads. Seriously. When I'm learning strategies for this game, I don't want to be bothered by cruddy messages of Satan and God. I would accept "buying gold for WoW, l0l" but not "Omg, Satan is liek, ev1l, l0l".
MUST TRY HARDER!

Enjoy, free Satan Display Picture!
Ben

No comments: