Tuesday, August 22, 2006

?

I dunno what was up with me today.
I just reacted badly to anything people said.
I was in a terrible mood.
I was very aggressive.
Pretty pissed off, you could say.
BUT HERE'S THE THING. WHEN PEOPLE GO AROUND MAKING HAIKU'S ALONG THE LINES OF "BEN IS A TOSSER," WHO CAN BLAME ME?
I don't care that they were joking.
If they knew me well enough, they'd know that I don't take personal slights very well.
It's not really fair to expect people to know all that stuff about me.
But it's true.
I don't like people joking about me, I'm not self confident enough to throw off their insults.
10 odd years of insults kinda makes you really vulnerable to them.
It's not fair to blame a whole bad day on that though.
I was angry and aggressive all day.
And that was just the last couple hours.
I have no idea why I was so angry, that's the point I'm trying to get across.
And if I offended anyone, or freaked anyone out, or pissed anyone off (etc) then I'm sorry.
I'm only human.

By the way, Josh, you're right. Happy songs when you're angry don't work. Angry songs are much better.

"So I tried to laugh about it, cover it all up with lies. I tried to laugh about it, hiding the tears in my eyes. 'Cuz boys don't cry."
Ben

1 comment:

Ben said...

wellzors nick,
put down's kidna ruin your self esteem, and when you're a particularally nice person, such as myself, you get particularally hurt by put downs, especially from people who you consider to be your friends.

so, ten years of put downs just kills my self esteem, and makes subsequent put downs more effective. blah.

take a guess about who make the haiku, i'll give you 3