Saturday, April 14, 2007

Dream

Have you ever had a dream, and while you're having it, you just know it's not going to end well? I had a dream like that last night. I suppose it would be more correct to say this morning, since it ended about half an hour ago. It was such a weird dream, I felt I had to write it down for future generations to appreciate.
Here we go.

I'm at school, I'm late. I'm walking from F block, this guy waylays me. I put up with it for about a second, then sweep his groping hand off my shoulder, push him off balance, then aim a jumping roundouse kick at his face, and sprint off to class. I sprint up the outside stairs to B-Block, the sky is cloudy with strange patterns. This disturbs me. I run into B-7, because I'm late. I don't know why it's B-7, it just is. Inside, there's a massive conglomerate class. I can't recognise half the students in there. This is slightly worrying, but I go sit down at the back, because all my friends have bunched together and there's no room to sit. I'm sitting amongst a group of people I would place low on the "sit next to ladder", slightly below The Grim Reaper. I can't remember who they are, however, just know that I feel awkward sitting next to them. At this point in the dream, something weird happened. Dream Ben started thinking about Global Warming. This is strange because A)Real Ben isn't very concerned about Global Warming, and B)I don't normally think in dreams, I watch. So, there's something that was adding to the feeling of doom, Dream Ben must have been really really worried by some fine investigative journalism on the subject (that'll never happen) something he read on the Internet about it, perhaps. Who knows. The point is, keep the Global Warming thing in the back of your mind as you read this.

The class starts, Miss Wills walks in. I don't mind Miss Wills, but there's a general feeling of doom associated with the whole dream by now, so I'm slightly apprehensive. She starts talking, the people up the front are taking notes, the people up the back are infecting me with their not learning-ness. Miss Wills makes the executive decision that the people in the front 2/3 of the class would learn better if they were in the room behind B-7, and they all pack up and walk out. I am slightly shocked at this, why wasn't I told to pack up and move classrooms? I look around, and of course, it hits me. So all while this is happening, and steadily growing, there's this feeling of doom, of forboding, of "something bad is going to happen, so get the hell out of there." Of course, I know right now (as I type this) that something bad is going to happen, and exactly what happens, but dream Ben doesn't. He's still pissed that he didn't get moved into the other room.

So here's where things get a little freaky-deaky, where that feeling of intense Doom intensifies even more. Remember up there, how I mentioned the Global Warming thing? Yeah? Well, the classroom has just transformed into a massive Ampitheater, and I'm standing on stage with Bill Hicks and Jack Black (yes I know Bill Hicks is dead. It's a dream!). There's at least 50 thousand people in the audience. This was freaky enough, but that happens all the time in my dreams, funky stage shifts. The freaky thing is, there's small amounts of water pouring in from some unknown location.

There's me, in the bottom right corner, the blue dude. Then there's the green blobs, those are trees, the blue blob is the steadily rising water, and then there's Bill and Jack over there. There were many more people in the crowd than that, though.

Anyways, so Bill and Jack are doing their routine, they're giving each other cues and such, like they got together one time and said "Hey, Jack. If we're ever stranded on an island in an ampitheater, filled with thousands of people, and the water in the ampitheater is steadily rising, in some kid's dream, we're gonna need a bit." I'm sitting on stage, rather awkwardly, then Bill grabs his phone, Jack's trying to carry it on, he's like "ok, you're on the phone, we can't do that bit." Bill finishes, looks at us, we start walking off. There's land at the other end of the island, which we didn't see. So, we're walking, being all jockular, we talk of many things, (this is where the sense of doom finaly makes sense), I look up at the sky. "I say, old chums, look at the sky. It has a swirly eye!"

Looked something like that, but more moving.
We, Bill, Jack and I, we stop walking. We're transfixed by the swirling cloud. All other thoughts leave us.

Suddenly. There is a MASSIVE rumbling noise. Imagine being strapped to the outside of a jet engine during takeoff. Then triple that. This was like, 20 thousand Elephant herds, all baring down on us. Then, out of the swirly eye cloud, this wall of water comes down.

This shocked the intrepid trio, I'll tell you that. The wall of water came down so fast, it turned into a massive wave.

We turned to run, but how can you outrun something like that? Especially in a dream with such a sense of forboding.

Ka-smoosh.
GG wave.
Then, I sat bolt upright. That was the end of my dream.
Ben

No comments: