Thursday, June 01, 2006

Sometimes I wonder, when people are badmouthing someone in the class when they're not there, I wonder if people ever talk about me like that. I guess everyone does, except the über popular people who are so confident in their popularity that one dissenting voice does nothing to assuage their popularity.

And sometimes, right after I get burned (metaphorically, I'm not physically burnt) by someone, I sit back and think "Man, I have such a high opinion of that person, how can they say something like that?" And it makes me sad.

And then, I see someone being attacked about something they have no control over, like their appearence, or intelligence, or parents or something, and I have a dilemma: should I intervene? Or should I join in? Or should I just sit on the fence, not wanting to go either way because while I'll get in someone's good books, someone else's opinion of me has slipped just that little bit further down.

I've always been told that I should help people if they need it, or their in trouble. All through primary school, I was that person who needed help. And my family isn't exactly the type of family who'll tell you it's ok to tease someone. That's probably where I get my moralistic streak from. Even my extended family, like my uncle will always help a hurt animal if he sees it. Which I think is awesome. I wish I was more like him (he's a pilot, he has a Porche and a Mustang, and he's an awesome guy in general).

So, I'm in the accellerated class at school. Which in principle, is an awesome idea, putting kids who under normal circumstances would be bored, and teased, into a class together so they can learn better. But in fact, it's singling these people out for more teasing! In year 7, I was the short, dorky kid with glasses, and few friends. And the friends I had were just as dorky, or socially awkward as I was (Josh (no offence, but you were :D) Luther, Tom, Peter etc...) So was the class really that good an idea? I still get taunted, hell, even my boss teases me. Is that fair? Just because I have brown hair and glasses, I'm automatically associated with that teen wizard with a frigging gash in his forhead. Who, btw, is way cool, I just don't like the association, I'd rather be my own person than be catergorised as "Harry Potter."

Oh boy, I've done another rambler. Oh well, it's important to vent feelings like this every once in a while. And I can almost hear the criticisms coming in now... Or at least anticipate the questions...

Ben

1 comment:

Elvangor said...

AHH! Ben! I knew it! I've got it now. YOU'RE SAVED! but for the moment I need you to act sick like you always do in order to escape the wrath of.... the Keeper. No, not the Gate Keeper, that's me, but Kate Keeper. You see how alliteration is so useful when there's only two in consecutive order?

On the day that you went down Lygon Street (shuush!!), I saw you walking past College Square (near where I live) and all of a sudden I saw ... the Kate Keeper. Out of nowhere she jumps off from out of the tram and throws a prejectile ninja-msater trap which is only held by the grand-masters; yes Ben... the Chinese FINGERTRAP!! *AHH!!!*

You then fall onto the ground and are savagely mimiced by the Kate Keeper. She also crawls on the floor, trying to climb onto the tram. And then the mirror on the tram brightens, warning you of another tram coming. The Kate Keeper, seeing you vulnerable throws herself into the tram to save you. And as you give your heroic good-byes, she returns! *AHH!!* It was only then that you realised that it was her alter ego! Kate Goodness!! AHH!!!

The black Sheep is down, I repeat, the black sheep is down! Retreat! Retreat!! Negative. storm the front.. So as you hold your Couger and wait for that split second, you shoot the Kate Keeper in mid-air, and deem yourself a pro. You then throw a grenade against the wall and kill yourself.

Anywayz, Black Sheep Wall ben. That's the only defense I can lend at the moment. But when the right time comes, you will know that you're in safe hands..

The Time Is Near...